The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be meeting tonight at the El Rincon Cafetorium. Agenda as follows:
- Neighborhood Watch
- Elections – We have 4 board seats open for election. Nominations will be accepted until the beginning of the meeting.
- New proposed restrictive building codes – Culver City has been developing new standards for hillside development. This will affect most construction in Culver Crest. Michael Allen of the Culver City Planning Division will present.
- Overland Ave. traffic congestion – Charles Herbertson and Gabe Garcia of the Culver City Public Works Division will present on measures being considered to reduce flow-through traffic.
The full agenda can be downloaded here.
CCNA General Meeting + Elections
Wednesday December 5, 2018
El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will take place on Tuesday October 30, 2018, at the El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium. Refreshments 6:30pm, meeting starts 7:00pm.
- Neighborhood Watch
- CCPD Lt. Troy Dunlap, Community Liaison
- Call for nominations to the CCNA Board
- We will be voting on new board members at the following CCNA General Meeting. Please consider participating by nominating yourself or a neighbor. There are 5 board seats up for re-election.
- Culver City Measures
- Presentation of Measure C (increasing the Culver City sales tax by .25% (1/4 of 1%) to maintain the current level of public safety efforts (including 911, police, firefighters, paramedics and after school youth programs, senior services, street repairs)
- “pro” (for) presentation – Goran Eriksson and Alex Fisch, City Council members
- Presentation of Measure K– adding an additional seven year annual flat parcel tax of $189 to raise an additional $2,360,000 a year to benefit Culver City schools
- “pro” (for) presentation – Dr. Steven Levin, member of CCUSD School Board
- “con” (against) presentation – George Laase, resident
- IKE – the Interactive Kiosk Experience
- Former Culver City Concilmember Andy Weissman will present about IKE – an interactive Culver City kiosk system that will provide fingertip information to users, e.g. provide directions, local event information, addresses of business, restaurants
Here are the minutes of last night’s general meeting, including elections of new board members.
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be holding its next general meeting on Wednesday November 16, 2016, starting at 6:30pm at the El Rincon Elementary School cafetorium. Agenda includes:
- Updates from CCPD
- Golden State Water repiping plan and progresss
- Street resurfacing
- The CCNA has 4 positions open this year (we alternate between 4 and 5 openings per year). Please send all nominations to Rich Kissel (email@example.com)
- Updates about the Oil Fields, West Los Angeles College
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be on January 15, 2014, at Marycrest Manor, at 7pm.
The main topic will be elections to the CCNA Board. In early 2014, we altered the By-Laws of the CCNA to stagger the terms. Board members are elected to two-year terms, with 5 expiring one year and 4 the following. This time around there are 5 seats open for re-election.
Nominations may be made up until the election portion of the meeting. Any nominations sent in prior to the morning of the 15th will have their names printed on the ballot. Nominations made during the meeting will be write-ins. Please send any nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association General Meeting held on January 21, 2014.
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will have its final meeting of 2012 on Tuesday December 4, 2012, at Marycrest Manor at 6:30 pm.
- The History of Culver Crest — guest speaker Julie Lugo-Cerra, Culver City Historian, will present the history of our particular neighborhood and the people that founded it
- Annual Election for CCNA Board
- – 9 members will be elected for a one year term
- nominations are now open – please e-mail your nominations to email@example.com
- please send nominations no later than December 3rd to include your name on the printed ballot
- you may nominate yourself or anyone you think would serve our neighborhood
- nominations may be written in up to the time of election
- Approve previous meeting’s minutes
Tuesday December 4, 6:30pm, Marycrest Manor, refreshments will be served