There will be a Household Hazardous Waste roundup event at the Wende Museum parking lot on Saturday February 23, 9am-3pm. As previously, this is a drive-through type collection event: you put your hazardous waste in your trunk, and once you arrive, open your trunk and remain in the car.
More information at
Hazardous Waste Roundup
Wende Museum parking lot, enter by paddle tennis courts
10808 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90230
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will take place on Tuesday October 30, 2018, at the El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium. Refreshments 6:30pm, meeting starts 7:00pm.
- Neighborhood Watch
- CCPD Lt. Troy Dunlap, Community Liaison
- Call for nominations to the CCNA Board
- We will be voting on new board members at the following CCNA General Meeting. Please consider participating by nominating yourself or a neighbor. There are 5 board seats up for re-election.
- Culver City Measures
- Presentation of Measure C (increasing the Culver City sales tax by .25% (1/4 of 1%) to maintain the current level of public safety efforts (including 911, police, firefighters, paramedics and after school youth programs, senior services, street repairs)
- “pro” (for) presentation – Goran Eriksson and Alex Fisch, City Council members
- Presentation of Measure K– adding an additional seven year annual flat parcel tax of $189 to raise an additional $2,360,000 a year to benefit Culver City schools
- “pro” (for) presentation – Dr. Steven Levin, member of CCUSD School Board
- “con” (against) presentation – George Laase, resident
- IKE – the Interactive Kiosk Experience
- Former Culver City Concilmember Andy Weissman will present about IKE – an interactive Culver City kiosk system that will provide fingertip information to users, e.g. provide directions, local event information, addresses of business, restaurants
Sentinel Peak, the operator of the Inglewood Oil Fields, is hosting their annual Community Meeting, this Saturday October 20, 2018, 12pm-2pm, 5640 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90056.
Saturday June 9, 2018, there will be an e-waste + confidential shredding event at Syd Kronenthal park in Culver City. Note, no household hazardous waste, only e-waste and paper.
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be at 7pm at the El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium. Agenda items include:
- Neighborhood Watch / CCPD – Lt. Troy Dunlap
- West Los Angeles College
- Oil Fields – Amanda Parsons, Sentinel Peak Ombudsperson
- Coyotes – CC Animal Control Officer Corolla Fleeger and Lt. Troy Dunlap to present on latest coyote threats
- Road Repaving Status
- General Issues
Note that another meeting is taking place in the cafetorium that is scheduled to end right before our meeting.
CCNA General Meeting
Tuesday June 12, 2018, 7pm
El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium
At our recent Candidates’ Forum, as part of the Neighborhood Watch segment CCPD gave a presentation on its goal of deploying a new series of Automated License Plate Readers at the borders of Culver City. A Special City Council meeting to discuss this topic has been called to discuss this controversial subject.
Special City Council Meeting to discuss CCPD’s proposed Automated License Plate Readers & Drone programs
Tuesday March 13th at 5pm at City Hall, Mike Balkman chambers
9770 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association is pleased to announce its 2018 Culver City Council Candidates Forum. All four candidates running for the two available City Council seats will be participating.
Culver Crest Neighborhood Association Candidates Forum
Wednesday February 21, 2018 @ 7:00pm
El Rincon Elementary School Cafetorium
11177 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA 90230
Multiple questions will be asked of all four candidates in this forum and each candidate will have a fixed amount of time to respond. We will be asking questions relating to issues that are important to residents of Culver City and Culver Crest, including issues on oil fields, West Los Angeles College, Traffic, Development, Schools, City Government, LAX, and other issues relating to the quality of life here in Culver Crest.
If you have a question for the candidates, either leave a reply to this post or send your question to email@example.com. We will also take into consideration questions submitted at the start of the event.