There will be a general meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association tonight, Tuesday April 25, 6:30pm, at the El Rincon Elementary cafetorium. Agenda items include:
- Neighborhood watch, Culver City Police Department
- Golden State Water repiping update
- Oil fields update
- LAX overflight
- Mail delivery issues
- West L.A. College
- Mansionization & Building on Culver Crest
- Disaster Resilience
[Minutes of this meeting]
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be holding its next general meeting on Wednesday November 16, 2016, starting at 6:30pm at the El Rincon Elementary School cafetorium. Agenda includes:
- Updates from CCPD
- Golden State Water repiping plan and progresss
- Street resurfacing
- The CCNA has 4 positions open this year (we alternate between 4 and 5 openings per year). Please send all nominations to Rich Kissel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Updates about the Oil Fields, West Los Angeles College
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association’s first general meeting of the year will take place on 7pm on Thursday January 14, 2016, at El Rincon Elementary (minutes of our previous meeting). We will be holding elections for our Board, and discussing issues of concern to our neighborhood including coyotes, West L.A. College and the soundwall, the oil fields, and neighborhood watch.
The CCNA board is comprised of 9 members serving two year terms, of which half come up for reelection on any given year. There are four seats up for election this year, though this year there are normally 4 seats up for election, but a fifth has opened up. Nominations for board seats are still open. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in running.
Culver Crest Neighborhood Association General Meeting and Elections
El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium
Thursday January 14, 2016, 7pm
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be on January 15, 2014, at Marycrest Manor, at 7pm.
The main topic will be elections to the CCNA Board. In early 2014, we altered the By-Laws of the CCNA to stagger the terms. Board members are elected to two-year terms, with 5 expiring one year and 4 the following. This time around there are 5 seats open for re-election.
Nominations may be made up until the election portion of the meeting. Any nominations sent in prior to the morning of the 15th will have their names printed on the ballot. Nominations made during the meeting will be write-ins. Please send any nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be on Tuesday October 1, 2013, at the El Rincon Cafetorium, and will be a Culver City School Board Candidates’ Forum
All seven School Board candidates will be at the Forum: Steve Levin, Kathy Paspalis, Susanne Robins, Karlo Silbiger, Vernon Taylor, Claudia Vizcarra and Robert Zirgulis. In early November, Culver City will be voting for three of the candidates. In our forum, each candidate will make an opening statement and then will answer questions posed by the Moderator, Ron Ostrin. Written questions will be solicited from the audience and asked by the Moderator. All Culver City voters are welcome to attend.
We will also have a brief updates from some of our subcommittees, including our Emergency Preparedness efforts and Neighborhood Watch. Questions for the candidates may be posed in the comments section of this post.
2013 CCUSD School Board Candidates Forum
Tuesday October 1, 2013, 7:00pm
El Rincon School Cafetorium
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will have its final meeting of 2012 on Tuesday December 4, 2012, at Marycrest Manor at 6:30 pm.
- The History of Culver Crest — guest speaker Julie Lugo-Cerra, Culver City Historian, will present the history of our particular neighborhood and the people that founded it
- Annual Election for CCNA Board
- – 9 members will be elected for a one year term
- nominations are now open – please e-mail your nominations to email@example.com
- please send nominations no later than December 3rd to include your name on the printed ballot
- you may nominate yourself or anyone you think would serve our neighborhood
- nominations may be written in up to the time of election
- Approve previous meeting’s minutes
Tuesday December 4, 6:30pm, Marycrest Manor, refreshments will be served