The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be holding its next general meeting on Wednesday November 16, 2016, starting at 6:30pm at the El Rincon Elementary School cafetorium. Agenda includes:
- Updates from CCPD
- Golden State Water repiping plan and progresss
- Street resurfacing
- The CCNA has 4 positions open this year (we alternate between 4 and 5 openings per year). Please send all nominations to Rich Kissel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Updates about the Oil Fields, West Los Angeles College
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will be hosting a City Council Candidates Forum at El Rincon Elementary School on Thursday, March 10 at 7pm. All seven candidates will be speaking. Bring your questions and be prepared to vote on April 12!
There will be an update by Lt. Agaiby, CCPD on the Council adopted policy dealing with Coyotes, and to adress the community on progress with traffic enforcement at our troubled intersections.
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association’s first general meeting of the year will take place on 7pm on Thursday January 14, 2016, at El Rincon Elementary (minutes of our previous meeting). We will be holding elections for our Board, and discussing issues of concern to our neighborhood including coyotes, West L.A. College and the soundwall, the oil fields, and neighborhood watch.
The CCNA board is comprised of 9 members serving two year terms, of which half come up for reelection on any given year. There are four seats up for election this year, though this year there are normally 4 seats up for election, but a fifth has opened up. Nominations for board seats are still open. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in running.
Culver Crest Neighborhood Association General Meeting and Elections
El Rincon Elementary Cafetorium
Thursday January 14, 2016, 7pm
There will be a special meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association this Wednesday, December 2nd, at 7pm at El Rincon School.
The meeting is a collaboration with City Administration, CCPD, Animal Control and a representative from the State of California Fish and Wildlife Department.
The purpose is to discuss the Coyote problem and work through some ideas on how to resolve the increasingly bold attacks on pets in the neighborhood.
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will take place on the evening of Thursday April 23, 2015, at Marycrest Manor at 7pm. Agenda items include:
- The Marycrest Manor fundraiser
- Neighborhood Watch
- Resilience Training overview and progress report — Christine Parra from the City of Culver City
- The State of the City — Presentation by Vice Mayor Micheal O’Leary and City Manager John Nachbar about city programs and current events in our city. Prepared questions to be posed by board members, general Q&A to follow. General topics so far include:
- Development in Culver City
- LAX Noise
- Proposed Hospitality and Entertainment Corridor
- Fox Hills 2.0
- Playa Vista and its effects on Culver City
- South Sepulveda Corridor
- City Budget
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association is holding a Culver City City Council Candidate’s Forum on Wednesday evening, 7 PM at El Rincon School as part of our General Meeting. All four candidates will be there to answer questions both from the Association and questions submitted in writing from attendees.
This is a very important election. Find out more about your candidates in order to make a sound voting decision.
Refreshments will be served.
- Call to Order
- Review and approve last meeting’s minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Introduction by Rich Kissell of Reginald Brunson, Principal of El Rincon
- Neighborhood Watch
- Brief Summary of Emergency Preparation Efforts
- CANDIDATES’S FORUM
- New Business
- Motion to end the meeting
It’s that time of the year, CCNA elections, happening at tonight’s General Meeting. 7pm, Marycrest manor. Here’s the agenda for the meeting:
- CALL TO ORDER
- APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
- TREASURER’S REPORT
- WELCOME TO NABIL ABU-GHAZELEH, PRESIDENT OF WEST LOS ANGELES
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH UPDATE — LT. JASON SIMMS OF THE CULVER CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
- INTRODUCTION TO NEW BY-LAWS BY RON OSTRIN AS IT AFFECTS ELECTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR NOMINATIONS
- CULVER CREST EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM UPDATE
- NEW BUSINESS AND SKUNKS
The following people have submitted their names for candidacy for CCNA’s Board of Directors:
Mike Bauer, Suzanne Debenedittis, Wena Dows, Antoine Durr, Khin Khin Gyi, Kyle Jones, Howard Lichtman, Ron Ostrin, Rich Kissel.
We encourage active participation in our neighborhood organization. Let us know (email Mike Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can add your name to the printed ballots. Write-in candidates are ok as well.