There will be a special meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association this Wednesday, December 2nd, at 7pm at El Rincon School.
The meeting is a collaboration with City Administration, CCPD, Animal Control and a representative from the State of California Fish and Wildlife Department.
The purpose is to discuss the Coyote problem and work through some ideas on how to resolve the increasingly bold attacks on pets in the neighborhood.
The next General Meeting of the Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will take place on the evening of Thursday April 23, 2015, at Marycrest Manor at 7pm. Agenda items include:
- The Marycrest Manor fundraiser
- Neighborhood Watch
- Resilience Training overview and progress report — Christine Parra from the City of Culver City
- The State of the City — Presentation by Vice Mayor Micheal O’Leary and City Manager John Nachbar about city programs and current events in our city. Prepared questions to be posed by board members, general Q&A to follow. General topics so far include:
- Development in Culver City
- LAX Noise
- Proposed Hospitality and Entertainment Corridor
- Fox Hills 2.0
- Playa Vista and its effects on Culver City
- South Sepulveda Corridor
- City Budget
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association is holding a Culver City City Council Candidate’s Forum on Wednesday evening, 7 PM at El Rincon School as part of our General Meeting. All four candidates will be there to answer questions both from the Association and questions submitted in writing from attendees.
This is a very important election. Find out more about your candidates in order to make a sound voting decision.
Refreshments will be served.
- Call to Order
- Review and approve last meeting’s minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Introduction by Rich Kissell of Reginald Brunson, Principal of El Rincon
- Neighborhood Watch
- Brief Summary of Emergency Preparation Efforts
- CANDIDATES’S FORUM
- New Business
- Motion to end the meeting
It’s that time of the year, CCNA elections, happening at tonight’s General Meeting. 7pm, Marycrest manor. Here’s the agenda for the meeting:
- CALL TO ORDER
- APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
- TREASURER’S REPORT
- WELCOME TO NABIL ABU-GHAZELEH, PRESIDENT OF WEST LOS ANGELES
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH UPDATE — LT. JASON SIMMS OF THE CULVER CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
- INTRODUCTION TO NEW BY-LAWS BY RON OSTRIN AS IT AFFECTS ELECTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR NOMINATIONS
- CULVER CREST EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM UPDATE
- NEW BUSINESS AND SKUNKS
The following people have submitted their names for candidacy for CCNA’s Board of Directors:
Mike Bauer, Suzanne Debenedittis, Wena Dows, Antoine Durr, Khin Khin Gyi, Kyle Jones, Howard Lichtman, Ron Ostrin, Rich Kissel.
We encourage active participation in our neighborhood organization. Let us know (email Mike Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can add your name to the printed ballots. Write-in candidates are ok as well.
There is a new CCNA subcommittee, the Emergency Preparedness Committee. Even if you were unable to attend our last general meeting on emergency preparedness, we urge you to join in with the subcommittee. There will be a meeting of this subcommittee at Suzanne DeBenedittis’ house, either on March 22 or March 27th, please RSVP.
Christine Parra, CC Fire Department & I (Suzanne DeBenedittis) will facilitate this hour long meeting. (If need be, this meeting will be 90 minutes max).
Our focus will be on how to
- Provide each family in the Crest the opportunity to adequately prepare so that your family is not imposed on in an emergency.
- Work as a team for cost-savings bulk buying.
- Invite neighbors on your Street to get actively involved so that you can rely on each other.
- Assure the Golden State water generators will pump immediately if there is need.
- Anything else you deem needed to insure our resilience.
Meeting will close with Sign-ups for sub-committees/teams to carry each aspect of our Emergency Prep Project to success.
Yummy refreshments will be served! Bring neighbors & family too, as “many hands make light work” Let’s make it fun too!!
Our next general meeting is on February 26, 2013, at 7pm at Marycrest Manor. The theme of the evening is Disaster Preparedness, and will cover things like CERT, emergency supplies, and what we as a neighborhood can do as “best practices” to help ensure our safety in case of some unforeseen calamity. Guest speakers include Christine Parra, the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator of the Culver City Fire Department, and Lieutenant Iizuka of the Culver City Police Department. We will as well have a vendor presentation to describe what might be good items to keep on hand in case of a disaster.
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will have its final meeting of 2012 on Tuesday December 4, 2012, at Marycrest Manor at 6:30 pm.
- The History of Culver Crest — guest speaker Julie Lugo-Cerra, Culver City Historian, will present the history of our particular neighborhood and the people that founded it
- Annual Election for CCNA Board
- – 9 members will be elected for a one year term
- nominations are now open – please e-mail your nominations to email@example.com
- please send nominations no later than December 3rd to include your name on the printed ballot
- you may nominate yourself or anyone you think would serve our neighborhood
- nominations may be written in up to the time of election
- Approve previous meeting’s minutes
Tuesday December 4, 6:30pm, Marycrest Manor, refreshments will be served
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will host its Fall 2012 General Meeting on Tuesday September 18, 2012, at 6:30pm at Marycrest Manor. Items on the agenda:
- A presentation by Perry Waldo, the President of CERT
- PXP Oil update
- Approval of previous meeting’s minutes
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association will meet at Marycrest Manor for our Spring 2012 General Meeting. Topics include:
- Smart Meters: Pros and cons – A discussion on Southern California Edison’s push to replace existing electricity meters with “smart meters”.
- Update on Fracking – The oil extraction method known as “fracking” will be discussed with how it relates to PXP’s oil drilling operations.
CCNA General Meeting
May 22, 2012
The Culver Crest Neighborhood Association
The Culver City Council Candidates Forum
February 21, 2012 at 6:30pm
El Rincon Elementary School
11177 Overland Ave.
Culver City, CA 90230
Moderated by Ron Ostrin, Esq.
- Jim Clarke
- Scott Malsin
- Stephen Murray
- Mehaul O’Leary
- Meghan Sahli-Wells
- Andrew Weissman